Thursday, June 14, 2012
Today we learned a lot about graphs, position vs time graphs and how its slope is velocity. Then we learned about velocity vs time graphs and how one translates to the other. The closer to the Y axis (time) the steeper the slope is and the more velocity it has.
For some reason blogger is not letting me post an image, so I have to give you the link: http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&authuser=0&biw=1046&bih=623&tbm=isch&tbnid=lZtc7IABGT5RSM:&imgrefurl=http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story%3Fpage%3Deasterbrook/091013%26sportCat%3Dnfl&docid=yD3ges231kUytM&imgurl=http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1012/pg2_nasa_rocket_300.jpg&w=300&h=300&ei=2LXaT9WFJcrm2QW-rqnaCA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=693&vpy=90&dur=244&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=133&ty=138&sig=115798736962501935701&page=1&tbnh=115&tbnw=115&start=0&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0,i:153
source:http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/091013&sportCat=nfl
The reason I chose a picture of a rocket ship is because I found it Ironic that the steeper the slope on a position vs time graph, the more velocity it has. However the steeper you put a rocket, the more force you you have to apply to make it even have velocity. For example an airplane can take off from parallel to the ground, but if you tried to take off in a plane from a vertical position, its engines wouldn't be able to lift it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment